Wednesday 26 February 2014

Frozen Jerusalem Artichokes

We were given some lovely Jerusalem Artichokes by Daniela so this morning, while waiting for a SalesForce access token to expire, I decided to prepare them according to the instructions here. Above you can see the result... now I just need to figure out what to do with them. They're pretty all the same and the process reminded me of freezing freshly picked fruit when I was a sprog with my Ma.

Instead of following the instructions to the letter - when I'd peeled, blanched and cooled them - I laid them individually out on a tray for freezing so that they wouldn't all stick together in a mass, but would be frozen separately so we'd not have to use them all up at once. That way we can take out only what we need.

Any ideas for recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment