My mornings work! YMMV, worked for me at time of posting!
- Install PuTTY and PuTTYgen from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html.
- Install FileZilla
- Fire up Firefox and install ElasticFox.
- Re-start Firefox and feed ElasticFox your credentials.
- Generate Key Pair on the KeyPairs tab. Download the file and fire-up PuTTYgen.
- In PuTTYgen hit Conversions » Import key. Select the downloaded .pem file then hit Save private key, hit Yes and save the .pkk file where you'll remember where it is.
- In ElasticFox hit Create Security Group (green plus on the left-hand side) on the Security Groups tab. Give it a name and a description and select "I will authorise protocols for this group as needed", hit Create Group.
- With your new group selected on the left-hand side hit Grant Permissions (green tick on right-hand side). Select SSH from the drop-down, select Network and enter 0.0.0.0/0 then hit Add. Repeat but select HTTP from the drop-down, again add 0.0.0.0/0 as the Network address.
- Still in ElasticFox hit the Images tab and enter "20101225" in the top-left text-box. Select the "ami-339ca947" image then hit Launch Instance(s) (green start-up on top pane).
- Select your Key Pair in the KeyPair option and move over your Security Group to the right using the arrows below - but other ones apart from yours on the left.
- Hit Launch.
- In the Instances tab right-click your instance and select Copy Public DNS Name to clipboard.
- Fire up PuTTY, crtl-v into Host Name, on Category pane select SHH » Auth then browse for you .pkk file. Finally go back to Session on the Category pane, enter a name into Saved Sessions and hit Save.
- Click Open on PuTTY and if all went well then there should be CLI. Login as "ubuntu".
sudo tasksel --section serverlike it tells you to. To select something move with the arrow keys and select using the spacebar. Select LAMP server and let it roll.
- ctrl-v into the address bar of a new FireFox tab... It works!
- Fire up FileZilla and hit Edit » Settings.... On the Select page: pane hit SFTP, then Add keyfile... button. Browse to and select your .pkk file again, hit OK.
- Next go File » Site Manager..., hit New Site, give it a name and then ctrl-v address into Host: textarea on the right. Server Type: is SFTP, Logon Type is Interactive and User is ubuntu. Hit OK.
- Select your site from the drop-down beside the little Site Manager icon on the top left under the menu strip. Navigate to
/var/wwwand you should see the
- 'nuff said, have a coffee and a fag!