Thursday, 27 January 2011

HTML Entities Decoder

So I was looking for some some lyrics... can't actually remember why now TBH. When I found them the site I was on refused to let me copy them so I thought I'd be clever and check the source... only to discover that the individual characters in the lyrics had been converted into their respective HTML Entities.


I copied the lyrics anyway and googled for a way to convert HTML Entities back into characters and found a site that did what I wanted but with an overhead of having to do a Captcha... no fun!

So I wrote my own, the result is the HTML Entities Decoder. It uses jQuery and a nifty JSON object to do the calculation so I don't really feel the need to control access - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment