Well I managed to finish the SVG lock I mentioned in my last post and it's here, like I put in my last post . I had a devil of a time getting the logic of the thing worked out but it all seems to work properly now.
This is a png of the image for those without the Adobe SVG viewer plugin:
For those without the plugin be aware that the image uses specific Adobe script constructs I'm afraid as I borrowed heavily from the work of Kevin Lindsey.
I put the link there as it was originally done for my youngest as he's doing a project on water at school and in the adsence of a working engine I couldn't take him through a lock but I wanted him to be able to see how one works. I figured that the address would be more school friendly rather than camshag... my fault for buying a domain name when I'm so tired I guess .
I'm interested in what people think about the buttons on the right, I've made them a little more user friendly by making animated arrows appear when the mouse goes over a functioning one but I'm still not overly sure that it works well enough for a kid to understand... please let me know using the link on the page if'n you can think of any way to improve the GUI.