Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Frozen Jerusalem Artichokes

We were given some lovely Jerusalem Artichokes by Daniela so this morning, while waiting for a SalesForce access token to expire, I decided to prepare them according to the instructions here. Above you can see the result... now I just need to figure out what to do with them. They're pretty all the same and the process reminded me of freezing freshly picked fruit when I was a sprog with my Ma.

Instead of following the instructions to the letter - when I'd peeled, blanched and cooled them - I laid them individually out on a tray for freezing so that they wouldn't all stick together in a mass, but would be frozen separately so we'd not have to use them all up at once. That way we can take out only what we need.

Any ideas for recipes?