Friday 30 July 2010

My name is Khan

When her-in-doors brought a film home from work that she was given by her Kiwi boss with a title like the above I was initially excited, especially as her boss is into Deep Space 9. Then I got to reading the back and it looked like a Bollywood film, which I don't have an issue with except that the dancing makes me wish that I'd learnt to dance properly rather then resort to head-banging and dad dancing!

Then to read that it dealt with someone who's got Asperger's syndrome... I have to admit that I was looking forwards to an early night with a good book rather than watching another square.

But MNIK was top and I have to admit to shedding a tear once or twice. Completely different from the tear-jerking of a block-buster movie it was, it seemed heart-felt and honest rather than cold and calculating. I'd advise anyone to watch it, and lay in a supply of tissue!

No comments:

Post a Comment