Saturday 14 July 2018

Getting Unstuck: Day 10

As a result of signing up for Scratch Getting Unstuck I got a little carried away building a binary clock like this one in Scratch, but got really, really annoyed about not being able to place the elements just where I wanted. I remembered reading something a little while ago about the sb2 file format being an archive so I unzipped it and clocked that sprites have a scratchX and scratchY coordinate within the project.json file. That and figuring out that it uses SVG as the Vector format (why wouldn't you?) meant that I could replace the dodgy path with a circle element. This is the result and I'm quite pleased with it. Now, if only I could automagically use dynamic variable names I wouldn't have to have so many functions. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment