Sunday 8 June 2014

A picture is worth a thousand lines of code... or is it?

I got really quite excited when I read about Codeivate last week and spent ages installing it on everything that'd work with it... and then - after it collecting some statistics - really quite sad that thus far my longest streak of coding is 20mins.

There's me claiming to work bloody hard and only managing a stint of 20 mins!

Then I got to thinking about my work flow and I clocked that a lot of what I do is code like a crazy thing and then test that what I've done is working... often dipping into the console and writing code in there that then gets cut and pasted into the IDE when it's working as I want it to... so actually recording the code that gets put into the IDE isn't a correct representation of the amount of work I do - just a representation of the amount of work I'm willing to commit to a file rather than some nebulous space within the browsers memory.

Phew!

(At least that's what I'm telling myself! ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment