Monday, 2 July 2012

Android Emulator for Development with Arcus Global

At work we've been doing a fair bit of Android development of late at work and I was right naffed off with waiting for the Android Emulator to boot up each and every time I needed to test something (I do so wish I could sort out in my head what I need to do in one fell swoop but I generally plan like a loon and then implement a little bit at a time).

I installed BlueStacks and tried that and it was bloody brilliant, but I hadn't checked that it was great before-hand so I had to justify my choice (I'd tried it before you see at home) so I went through a process defined by a colleague and I documented the result on the work blog. I think it's well worth a read...

I hope you like the picture on the blog, it was taken on the way back from getting the boat blacked at the Lazy Otter on the 18th of June, 2012.